Make sure your hiring practices are in compliance with increased regulation in the hiring process.
Hiring for the COVID-19 pandemic reshaped workplace in a very tight labor market presents a myriad of new challenges for employers. These include effectively screening and interviewing candidates remotely without violating bans on criminal and salary history inquiries. Determining whether new employees would be required to work in the office, within a reasonable distance from an office, remotely, or a hybrid mix all impact the hiring process. Reasonable accommodation requests have skyrocketed in the COVID-19-impacted workplace and must be properly addressed. Increasing state limitations on noncompetition and confidentiality agreements and assessing applicants' existing noncompete obligations add even more complexity. While AI applicant screening tools promise much, employers must be cognizant of the risks in such technologies. In short, employers face a gauntlet of challenges in effective and lawful hiring; and knowing the top pitfalls and how to avoid them is key to successful hiring in the pandemic-changed workforce. This topic provides the tools for avoiding top hiring process pitfalls.
Frank C. Morris, Jr.
Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Senior Partner in the employment law practice in Washington, D.C., and co-chair of the ADA and Public Accommodations Group for the national law firm of Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Speaker on the ADA and employment law to the judicial conferences for the federal judges of the Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, and Eleventh Circuits
- Adjunct professor at the George Washington University Law School
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America and the Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers, and Washington, D.C. and Baltimore Top-Rated Lawyers
- Represents and counsels employers and public accommodations nationally in employment, labor, leave, and disability matters
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.