Ensure you're compliant with employee wage payments and avoid back pay, wage and hour violations, and other consequences.
One of the most common United States Department of Labor (USDOL) wage and hour violations is the incorrect payment of overtime wages. The USDOL reports that, in 2022, an average of $1,393 in back wages was collected for each employee. Back wages are not the only impact of incorrect overtime calculations. Also impacted are tax payments, benefits, reporting, etc. The impact of paying employees incorrectly is far-reaching and expensive. Payment of wages is more complicated than the hourly rate multiplied by hours worked. If you offer shift differentials, health insurance opt-out money, and bonuses for production, attendance, and on-call time - the calculation of the overtime rate of pay becomes more complicated. This presentation will provide you with the information and understanding you need to ensure your compliance with employee wage payments and avoid back pay, wage and hour violations, and other consequences of incorrect wage payments.
Tricia Richardson, CPP, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Purposed Payroll Professional
- Purposed Payroll Professional
- Over 25 years of experience in all aspects of workforce management (payroll processing, taxation, employee handbooks, human resources, benefits, etc.)
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) through the American Payroll Association (APA), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) through the HR Certification Institute, and a Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
- Member of the National Speakers Bureau for the National American Payroll Association (APA) and a contributing writer for Paytech Magazine
- Serves as the treasure of a York County Pennsylvania Non-Profit Association
- Involved locally through the Susquehanna Valley Chapter of the American Payroll Association, having served in various roles on the board of directors and as a contributor to the certification study groups
- B.S. degree in management studies, University of Maryland University College
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.