Ensure your time and effort system meets the requirements of the Uniform Guidance.
Recipients of federal grant awards are required to maintain documentation (time and effort records) to support the personnel charges to federal awards. Failure to maintain proper time and effort records can result in the recovery of any unsupported personnel charges to federal awards. This topic will help you understand the requirements in the Uniform Grants Guidance (UGG) for documenting personnel charges. The material also explains the common problems with recipient time and effort tracking systems. Failing to have proper documentation for personnel charges is one of the most common errors recipients make in managing their federal awards. It has often led to large recoveries of federal funds. This information is critical so you can ensure your time and effort system meets the requirements of the Uniform Guidance.
Aaron Kramer Brosnan
Brustein & Manasevit
- Associate at Brustein & Manasevit
- Practices in the areas of federal education programs and federal grants management, and advises nonprofit entities, as well as state and local governments on compliance with federal grants rules; defends clients from federal agency audit determinations
- Regularly speaks at conferences, provides trainings and seminars to grant recipients on federal grants management issues
- Contributed to multiple publications, including Federal Education Grants Management: What Administrators Need to Know
- Memberships: National Grants Management Association, Education Law Association, and District of Columbia Bar
- J.D. degree, George Washington University Law School; M.S.Ed degree, Simmons College
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.