Gain a better understanding of subcontracts and how various subcontract and purchase order terms affect their interests.
Construction projects have been analogized to battlefields because they both require meticulous planning and coordination of the movements of large groups of people and materials in the midst of chaos, uncertainty, and risk.
Unlike war, the participants in a construction project can manage the chaos, uncertainty, and risk through carefully drafted and negotiated contracts. Carefully drafted and negotiated subcontractors don't happen by accident. Rather it takes representatives of both the contractor and the subcontractor who are knowledgeable about the typical terms and conditions of subcontracts to draft and negotiate effective subcontracts to manage the uncertainties and risks that could arise on a construction project. Managing the uncertainties and risks of a construction project is the best way to avoid the project from becoming a chaotic battlefield.
This course is critical for individuals who draft, review, negotiate, modify, and administer subcontracts and purchase orders. This material will also provide you with a better understanding of subcontracts and purchase orders, the subcontracting process, and how various subcontract and purchase order terms affect their interests.
Scott D. Cahalan
Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP
- Partner in the construction law section of Smith, Gambrell and Russell, LLP, an AmLaw 200 firm
- Part-time instructor of graduate courses in design and construction law and real estate development law at the Georgia Institute of Technology
- General counsel to the Georgia Utility Contractor’s Association
- Practice includes all aspects of design and construction law from drafting and negotiating prime contractors, subcontracts, and purchase orders to mediating, arbitrating, and litigating construction disputes
- Drafted form construction contracts for the Associated Owners and Developers, a national organization
- Recognized by Chambers USA, The Best Lawyers in America, and Georgia Super Lawyers
- Frequent author and lecturer on construction law
- Member of the State Bar of Georgia, Northern District of Georgia, and 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- J.D. degree, with honors, University of Georgia; B.S. degree in construction engineering, Iowa State University
- Can be contacted at [email protected], [email protected], or 404-815-3711
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.