Understand the problems caused by contaminated soils and how to develop a protective and cost-effective purchase and redevelopment strategy.
Many property owners, lessees, architects, engineers, developers, and contractors encounter contaminated soils on residential, commercial, retail, and industrial properties. However, these persons are usually not trained on how to evaluate the legal and technical risks posed by contaminated soils and groundwater. It is important to understand how the presence of contaminated soils or groundwater can impair a person's ability to sell, lease, refinance, or redevelop impacted sites. Moreover, it is equally important to be aware of the options available to finance the purchase of contaminated sites, as well as the options available to them to mitigate the risks of purchasing or redeveloping contaminated sites. Finally, persons involved in the redevelopment of contaminated property must understand the potential regulatory reuse restrictions and engineering controls that can affect the future property uses. This topic will inform you about the problems facing them, complications caused by contaminated soils and groundwater, and how to develop a protective and cost-effective purchase and redevelopment strategy.
Thomas J. Bois, III
Thomas J. Bois, APC
- Partner with Thomas J. Bois, APC
- Practice emphasizes the representation and counseling of public and private businesses on a wide range of business, environmental, construction, real estate, and labor law issues
- Focus on counseling clients involving geotechnical issues as well as the defense and prosecution of soils remediation and repair related cost recovery suits
- Super Lawyer, environmental (2018-present); received the highest rating with Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory®
- Wrote four legal reference books and has published articles
- J.D. degree, St. Louis University School of Law; A.B. degree, magna cum laude, St. Michael’s College
- Can be contacted at 949-660-0022 or [email protected]
Leo M. Rebele
- Principal with Ramboll
- Brings expertise in environmental site investigation, litigation, remediation, environmental permitting, and natural resource management
- Managed hundreds of projects and delivered environmental and regulatory solutions in support of private industry clients involving real estate due diligence and redevelopment, waterfront and brownfield redevelopment, transit-oriented development, and ports/harbors and watershed-related services
- Project experience encompasses managing property transfer/redevelopment and assisting private and port clients with aquatic-related environmental issues
- Frequent author and speaker at the International Network of Environmental Forensics, the Urban Land Institute, and various national brownfield forums
- Master’s degree in marine resource management, with a minor in environmental toxicology, Oregon State University; B.S. degree, with honors, University of British Columbia, Canada
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.