Understand how noise standards apply to multiple projects and how to achieve them.
The acoustical experience of an occupant is a subjective experience that varies significantly from person-to-person and is also greatly dependent on their activity and use of the space or environment. Acoustical conditions that might be suitable for one individual in an office space are often inappropriate and inadequate for someone in a residence. Standards help to define a minimum level of performance that is expected for various projects. This topic discusses how these standards apply to projects ranging from multifamily residential buildings to health care facilities to educational environments to defense and government facilities and even the outdoor environment, and how these standards apply to these projects and how to achieve them. We will also cover how these standards fall short of solving all acoustical concerns for every project, and how other voluntary ratings or guidelines can be useful to use for achieving acoustical conditions that benefit the occupants and programs that are planned.
Jeffrey L. Fullerton, INCE Bd. Cert., LEED AP BD+C
Jeffrey L. Fullerton, INCE Bd. Cert.
- Department manager, Acoustical Consulting Services, Intertek
- Consults for designers, owners, and users on the acoustical conditions of their building/facility projects
- Instructed graduate and ungraduated architecture students on the issues of acoustics in their designs
- Fellow, Institute of Noise Control Engineering USA
- Board Certified Noise Control Engineer, Institute of Noise Control Engineering USA
- M.S. degree in mechanical engineering, specializing in acoustics, Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 857-523-6576
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.