Understand the principles of scrum project management and determine if this is applicable to projects in your organization.
Projects are a timebound set of activities organized to achieve a unique result. This definition also highlights the challenges of project management. To accomplish the work within the time boundaries requires planning and coordination. The aspect of a unique result means that there are elements of the project that are different from any other project. Project management must then plan and coordinate a set of activities that have some characteristics that are different than what has been done before. The scrum project management methodology is a new approach to the challenges of project management. This course will explain how scrum is different from traditional project management. The topic will describe the fundamental principles of scrum project management including the planning process, how projects are tracked, and the key roles and their responsibilities in effective scrum project management. You can then determine if this approach to project management is applicable to projects in your organization.
Product and Process Innovation, Inc.
- President of Product and Process Innovation, Inc.
- Practice focuses on the successful implementation of new technologies for an organization, this includes the technical performance, the effectiveness of the implementation, and the organizational response to the technology change, recently, most of the work has been training and consulting with respect to digital transformation
- Certified as Project Management Professional (PMP) and as a Scrum Master, he has been teaching these topics for over 20 years through organization such as Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Clemson University, and the China Institute for Innovation, in addition, he has provided training and consulting in this field directly to Fortune 100 clients on three continents
- Author of the books, HBR’s Building Your Business Case and Demystifying Earned Value Analysis; co-author to ; has written several articles related to this topic, one of which is the blog article: https://ray-sheen.blogspot.com/2015/09/ten-steps-for-project-estimating.html
- Member of Project Management Institute (PMI) and the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), also selected as a Fellow at the Institute for Digital Transformation
- M.S. degree in astronautical engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology; B.S. degree in mechanical engineering, U.S. Air Force Academy; graduate certificate in digital transformation strategy, Boston University
- Can be contacted at 864-430-1880 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.