Learn to recognize the signs of a phishing attack and how to mitigate risk if an employee falls for the phish.
This topic will discuss phishing, social engineering, and the common techniques that attackers use to entice you to click. With proper training, enterprises can substantially limit phishing losses and understand their liability if someone falls for a convincing attacker email.
Alston & Bird LLP
- Partner on the Privacy, Cyber & Data Strategy team at Alston & Bird LLP
- Over 20 years of experience in the technology space and focuses her practice on data security, cyber risk, privacy, and emerging technologies
- Regularly counsels clients on the process of digital transformation, implementing technologies such as automation, cloud computing, virtualization, virtualized networking, containerized environments, Big Data (data warehouses and data lakes), and artificial intelligence
- Former technology consultant and chief information security officer (CISO) and previously owned and operated a technology consulting company
- Recent published items include: Vulnerability Management: Increasing Communication to Prevent Problems from Hiding in Plain Sight, Cybersecurity Law Report, November 4, 2020; Vulnerability Management: Understanding the Risks of External Scanning, Cybersecurity Law Report, October 28, 2020; Vulnerability Management: What You Don’t Know from Your External Scans Can Be Used Against You, Cybersecurity Law Report, October 14, 2020; and 6 Ways GCs Can Assess Insider Threat Risk, Law360, July 23, 2020
- Recent speaking engagements include: “Women in Cyber: Promotion in the Workplace and Strategies for Advancement,” webinar, 10/21; “Third Annual Cyber, Privacy, and Litigation Summit - Back to Basics and New Trends,” webinar, 9/21; “Global Cybersecurity Compliance Integrity – USA Perspective,” cyber-security roundtable, 9/21; “From a 'Nice-To-Have' to a 'Must-Have': How is Your Organization Prepared for Data Retention Requirements in the New & Upcoming Privacy Laws,” webinar, 9/21; “Attacks on the Supply Chain and Critical Infrastructure: What You Need to Know and Steps You Need to Take,” webinar, 6/21; “Women in Cyber: Leaders in the Technology Revolution,” webinar, 3/21; “Current Issues in Cloud Computing,” webinar, 3/21;University of Texas InfoSec Virtual Conference, webinar, “How CMMC, CUI, & NIST SP 800-171 Work Together," 2/21; "Data in the Financial Services Industry," webinar, 1/21; "Women in Cyber: Effective Strategies for Building a Legal Cyber Infrastructure," webinar, 11/20; Ankura CMMC hosted by the Association for Data and Cyber Governance, "CMMC is Official. What This Means to You Know," webinar, 11/20; "Cyber Seminar 2020: Managing Cyber Risk 2020 and Beyond;" Privacy+Security Forum Virtual Fall Academy 2020, Presenter; ”Privacy 101: Protecting the Privacy of Customer Data Around the Globe”, webinar, Millennium Alliance’s Virtual Transformational CISO Assembly East
- Practices Law in Virginia and the District of Columbia; court admissions in the U.S. Supreme Court and U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- J.D. degree, Catholic University of America; B.A. degree, George Washington University
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.