Learn best practices for writing effective performance documentation and implementing discipline and terminations.
In today's litigious environment, employers are increasingly at risk of being sued for wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment and retaliation by disgruntled current and former employees. Many times the difference between a defense verdict and a verdict in favor of the plaintiff hinges on how well management and human resources addressed and documented employee performance problems. This topic helps Human Resources professionals develop effective and proactive performance management systems. The material covered will include best practices for coaching and disciplining employees, drafting performance improvement plans and disciplinary documentation, a checklist for making defensible discipline and termination decisions.
Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Shareholder and former managing shareholder of the Los Angeles office of Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of employment and labor law, with an emphasis on providing day-to-day advice and counsel to Human Resources and in-house legal teams
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous effective performance management, employment discrimination, ADA and FMLA compliance, and wage/hour compliance
- Wrote several publications related to the areas of managing employment and labor law
- Member of the University of South Carolina women’s basketball team
- Member of the California, New York and South Carolina Bar Associations, California Super Lawyer, Fellow in the ABA College of Labor & Employment Law, and Fellow in the ABA Foundation
- J.D. degree, University of South Carolina; B.A. degree, University of South Carolina
- Can be contacted at 213-438-1297 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.