Gain insight into the restrictions of telehealth and identify potential privacy concerns that come into consideration for cybersecurity protection.
Healthcare providers, practice managers, and compliance officers face many challenges in designing and implementing telehealth patient encounters that are compliant with HIPAA, Stark, the Anti-Kickback Statute, and the False Claims Act. This presentation will help all stakeholders understand what has changed now that the COVID-19 public health emergency is over and certain regulatory waivers are no longer in place. This presentation also explains the limitations of prescribing controlled substances using telehealth and the importance of robust cybersecurity and privacy protection measures. Viewing this presentation will help viewers identify common pitfalls, and how to avoid them.
Kimberly J. Ruppel
Dickson Wright PLLC
- Member, Dickinson Wright PLLC; DW Telehealth Taskforce Chair; DW Healthcare Litigation Taskforce Co-Chair
- Practice areas in Healthcare, Insurance, and Commercial Litigation
- Frequent presenter and author on healthcare issues including telehealth, fraud and abuse enforcement, and employment agreement non-compete restrictive covenants
- Member, American College of Healthcare Executives
- Educational background includes attendance at the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D., and studied at the University of Michigan, B.A.
- Contact Information: 248-422-7291; [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.