Don't let bad attitudes and performance problems destroy teams and office morale - prepare yourself to handle challenging and difficult employees.
Have you ever had one of those employees with a poor attitude that infects the rest of the team's performance? You know how frustrating it can be on you as well as the rest of the team. Supervisors need to learn and understand general performance management strategies. The strategies can then be translated into the departmental, group, and individual employee goals that tie into the overall organization's objectives. By learning different performance management techniques, such as linking individual goals to strategic goals, you can reduce workplace conflict and increase managerial consistency. You can also improve the overall management of those employees with poor attitudes and develop plans for handling employees who fail to meet performance requirements. By taking proactive steps to prevent problems from developing and implementing a clear, strategic plan after they do develop, you will have a better chance of getting problematic employees back on track. For those employees who will not improve their attitudes or continue to fail to meet required productivity standards, the documentation generated through proper performance management will ensure your company is protected if termination becomes the necessary step.
Jackie A. Sexson
- Compliance manager with Fortune 250 company
- Former executive director with the legal and human resources consulting firm, The Sexson Group
- Extensive experience in employment and labor law, as well as human resources
- Has a legal and HR background in employee relations, performance management (360-degree feedback), organizational management, benefits administration, recruitment and selection, compensation, equal employment opportunity, and training and development
- Experience with the public sector, Fortune 500 companies, and small startup companies
- Held director and executive-level positions and worked as an independent consultant
- Certified as a senior professional in human resources by the Society for Human Resources Management
- J.D. and M.B.A. degrees
- Can be contacted at 303-513-6018 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.