Learn about the solutions available to owners of business personal property (BPP) to avoid gross over-assessment.
Business personal property is routinely valued at 150 to 200% of fair market value, with the exception of inventory and vehicles. Inaccurate appraisal district straight-line depreciation schedules and inclusion of intangible personal property (which is not taxable) are the primary causes of gross over-assessment.
Learn about the solutions available to owners of business personal property (BPP). These solutions will include rendering based on market value instead of rendering cost (as allowed by state law), excluding the value of the intangible personal property, and appealing excessive assessments using market value evidence.
O'Connor Tax Reduction Experts
- O’Connor is among the largest property tax consulting firms in the United States, with areas of expertise including commercial and residential property tax, business personal property tax, cost segregation, as well as commercial and residential real estate appraisals
- Author of What You Need to Know about Personal Property Valuation
- MAI designated by the Appraisal Institute
- M.B.A. degree, Harvard University
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 713-375-4215
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.