Learn what you as an employer can do to assist a struggling employee and champion solutions and reasonable accommodations.
Today's work environment is very different from the past. There are many more stressors with our current work environment, whether it is a pandemic, downsizing, or overall pressure of balancing work and life. When an employee is diagnosed with a serious illness and then returns to work, the employee may not be welcomed back by co-workers. They may notice the rumor mill, the stares, the snickering, etc. When employees are diagnosed with mental illness, it can lead to a disheartening experience at work. If this employee leaves or is terminated, it is ultimately the employer who misses out on the value of a talent. The employer has lost countless hours of productivity from the drama that its lack of support caused. Learn how to recognize mental illness and mental distress from a manager/supervisor perspective. While this information won't train you to diagnose mental illness, it will help you understand what you as an employer can do to assist a struggling employee and champion solutions and reasonable accommodations.
Jackie A. Sexson
- Compliance and HR leader
- Former executive director with the legal and human resources consulting firm, The Sexson Group
- Extensive experience in employment and labor law, as well as human resources
- Experience as an attorney with an HR background in employee relations, performance man-agement (360-degree feedback), organizational management, benefits administration, recruitment and selection, compensation, equal employment opportunity, and training and development
- Experience with the public sector, Fortune 500 companies, and small startup companies
- Held director and executive-level positions, and worked as an independent consultant
- Certified as a senior professional in human resources by the Society for Human Resources Management
- J.D. and M.B.A. degrees
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 334-274-3007
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.