Learn how to integrate vertical development into employee development efforts and gain clarity on what to focus on.
If 2020 taught us anything, it is that we need leaders and employees that are more capable of effectively navigating change, uncertainty and complexity. Unfortunately, typical leader and employee development techniques are not very effective at meeting these dynamic needs. The primary purpose of this topic is to introduce a relatively unknown form of employee development that is designed to help enhance leaders' and employees' agility and dynamism: vertical development. Vertical development differs from traditional horizontal development efforts in that it primarily focuses on elevating the level of one's mental development, instead of just focusing on knowledge transfer or skill development. To help integrate vertical development into leader and employee development efforts, this material will help you gain clarity on what to focus on (the mind) and the best way to help leaders and employees attain higher levels of mental development. This material is critical for employers who want to ensure that their organizations and workforce are agile and ready to take on an uncertain and complex future.
Ryan Gottfredson, Ph.D.
- A cutting-edge leadership development author, researcher and consultant
- Helps organizations vertically develop their leaders primarily through a focus on mindsets
- Currently a leadership and management professor at the Mihaylo College of Business and Economics at California State University-Fullerton (CSUF)
- Wall Street Journal and USA Today best-selling author of Success Mindsets: The Keys to Unlocking Greater Success in Your Life, Work, and Leadership; this will be published by Morgan James Publishing
- Respected authority and researcher on topics related to leadership, management and organizational behavior
- Published over 19 articles across a variety of journals including: Leadership Quarterly, Journal of Management, Journal of Organizational Behavior, Business Horizons and Journal of Leadership and Organizational Studies; his research has been cited over 2,500 times since 2015
- Featured in popular press outlets including Harvard Business Review, Society for Human Resource Management, Association for Talent Development and Training Industry
- Consulted for dozens of corporations across a variety of industries including banking, health care, education, agriculture, and energy; some clients include CVS Health, Mondelez, and Deutsche Telekom
- Has extensive training experience, having conducted keynotes and trainings for companies including Experian, Volcom, American Airlines and CertaPro Painters
- Recognized as one of the best professors at Mihaylo College of Business and Economics
- Ph.D. degree in organizational behavior and human resources, Indiana University; B.A. degree, Brigham Young University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.