This slidedeck will focus on the recent research and findings in the area of suicide. Clinicians will learn contemporary methods of risk assessment, risk clarification, related clinical decision making, and short-term counseling and psychotherapy goals. Focus will be placed on identifiable markers of imminent risk, professional liability, malpractice and the standard of care.
Jackson Rainer, Ph.D
Valdosta State University
- Professor and department head of psychology and counseling, Valdosta State University, Valdosta, Georgia
- Practice life that spans more than 25 years
- In addition to current university responsibilities, his hybrid of professional service is consolidated into a national consulting practice for psychotherapy and supervision
- Specializes in work surrounding the crisis of loss due to catastrophic, chronic and terminal illness
- Research appears in such journals as Innovations in Clinical Practice and the Journal of Clinical Psychology: In Session
- Most recent books: Smalley, K.B., Warren, J., & Rainer, J.P., Eds. (2013) Rural Mental Health; New York: Springer; Rainer, J.P., & Martin, J.C. (2013); Isolated and Alone: Psychotherapeutic Interventions for Loneliness; Sarasota, Florida: Professional Resource Press; Rainer, J.P. (2013, in press); Life After Loss: Grief, Bereavement, Recovery, Eau Claire, Wisconsin: Premier Press
- Former chair of the Publication Board for Division 29, Psychotherapy, of the American Psychological Association
- On the editorial and publication boards of seven psychology journals and serves as a media representative for the APA
- Psychology graduate degrees, Georgia State University
- Can be contacted at 912-333-5986 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.