Find ways to support your clients and identify opportunities to minimize tax liability.
The biggest benefit to this topic is to find ways to support clients and identify opportunities to minimize overall tax liability. Tax laws are complex and become increasingly complicated every year. As a result, pinpointing ways to effectively support clients and potentially lower tax burden becomes more challenging. The Research & Development Tax Credit is one of the more complicated and difficult to understand tax incentives available to U.S. taxpayers. R&D tax professionals need to answer several essential questions, such as: how can I tell if the activities of my client qualify for this credit?; how does the IRS define "research and development" and how does that translate into a tax credit?
This material focuses on the CPA and financial executive whose responsibilities include minimizing their clients' or companies tax liability. We will review how and why activities qualify as well as how the time and effort expended by the taxpayer can be translated into a federal (and in many cases, state tax credit). Failing to understand how to properly assess and document the qualifying activities is the most common mistake made and can lead to an unfavorable result if audited. The topic is critical for CPAs and financial executives who need to understand both the basics of the R&D tax credit and the potential pitfalls that may disqualify an activity from generating the credit.
Randy Eickhoff, CPA
- Founder of Acena Consulting
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of R&D tax credits, cost segregation and other tax incentives
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on the R&D tax credit
- Author of several publications related to the R&D credit and relevant court cases and tax updates
- B.A. degree in business economics, University of California at Santa Barbara Cal, CPA Member
- Can be contracted at 805-426-9669, [email protected] or @acenaconsulting
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.