Learn best practices and practical strategies that will guide you in incorporating strategic leadership components.
Most organizations have strong operational leaders. Many ascended to their leadership roles from the ranks of managers and supervisors and are adept in their operational abilities. They tend to work to maintain the status quo. Most lack the know-how, experience, and confidence to tackle what one of my college professors used to call wicked problems. These problems can't be solved with a single solution or diminutive actions. Their causes seem incomprehensible, and their solutions are daunting. Wicked problems require complex remedies and strategic analysis to overcome the challenges. Often these problems mean that institutions need to completely transform how they do business. Organizations in the 21st century require strategic leaders. Leaders that challenge the prevailing view, which can act on big and small picture items at the same time, can change course as needed. They need to lead with inquiry, engagement, and advocacy while operating from a deeply held humility and respect for others.
Operational pressures can certainly be the preoccupation of most leaders' attention. This course will help you take the steps necessary to move towards greater strategic leadership. It will focus on best practices and practical strategies that will guide executive leaders in incorporating strategic leadership components. This material will help executive leaders expand their strategic impact on the organization and drive strategic thinking throughout their organizations.
Larry Hammond, Sr.
- Principal with V1H Consulting
- Through his workshops, strategy sessions, and keynote addresses, he focuses on helping organizations that are stuck in the way it has always been done and thinking without ever achieving true satisfaction to transform
- By producing an organizational culture that creates a contagious leadership environment, he helps them to achieve maximum performance, increased employee retention, and heightened employee engagement
- More than 20 years of senior leadership, coaching, training, and development experience
- Mentor in business, marketing, sales, human resources, entrepreneurship, and leadership in public agencies and community organizations
- Facilitated management and employee feedback sessions
- Coaches leaders and managers in public and private industries around team building and culture development
- Developed, delivered, and evaluated a variety of training seminars; including customer service, change management, strategic planning, leadership development, and public speaking
- Provided leadership training to Leadership Pasadena, a leadership program that empowers, inspires, and connects leaders who strengthen a diverse community
- Designed, developed, and delivered management and leadership programs for managers in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors that helped clients improve employee and organizational performance
- Certified in Managing Organizational Change (MOC)
- 34 strong certified strengths coach
- M.A. degree in public administration, The Tseng College; graduate, international, at California State University, Northridge; B.S. degree, Clark Atlanta University, Atlanta, GA; completed graduate courses in public administration, Catholic University, Washington, D.C., and in information technology, University of the District of Columbia
- Can be contacted at 626-379-4108 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.