Minimize risk and ensure you have the appropriate contractual provisions in place.
While a Statement of Work is generally used in conjunction with a Master Services Agreement (MSA) or document containing the terms and conditions between the parties, its provisions can be equally, if not more, important to a successful project. The provisions in an SOW be-come especially important when something goes wrong with a project or if the parties begin to disagree. Having appropriate contractual provisions in place can be one of the only ways to minimize risks.
Scott & Scott, LLP
- After a federal judicial clerkship, Julie Machal-Fulks has spent her entire legal career on the team at Scott & Scott and has been an equity partner in the firm since 2008
- Practice has included software license interpretation, software audit defense, issues involving privacy and network security, and copyright and trademark infringement; today, she leads her clients through the software licensing process from procurement to audit defense and everything in between
- She likes providing comprehensive solutions that address the legal and technical challenges clients face while considering their business needs; recently, she has been helping her clients solve licensing, privacy, and data security concerns in technology transactions with IBM and Oracle
- Her writing has appeared in several publications, including the Northwestern Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property, the IT Compliance Institute Journal, the Journal of Legal Technology Risk Management, Texas Lawyer, the ITAM Review, and the American Bar Association, Section of Litigation
- She has conducted several webinars for the firm and made several presentations around the country, including at the SAM Summit, MSP Alliance MSPWorld Conference, and for the Dallas County Bar Association Computer Law Section
- She has also been quoted/interviewed for the Fresno Bee, CIO, IT World, Tech News World, Information Week, and the E-Commerce Times
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.