Learn the key techniques and risks for investing IRAs and qualified plan rollovers.
A small but ever-growing number of IRA owners and recipients of qualified plan rollovers have left the beaten track of commodity custodians and mutual fund investments and have invested directly in real estate and small businesses. Other IRA owners want to invest in private placements, start-up ventures, precious metals, or cryptocurrency. While, perhaps surprisingly, much of this activity is safely within the boundaries of what is permissible under the IRA rules, some are not, and the IRS has published very little guidance in the area, seemingly using sporadic litigation to mark out the boundaries of what is permissible. Learn the common investment scenarios in this area, the rules that apply to them, and the associated issues, uncertainties, and risks. This material will also review key court cases and other important developments guidance issued in this area.
Luke D. Bailey
Clark Hill PLC
- Senior Counsel in the Collin County, TX office of Clark Hill PLC
- Practices in all aspects of employee benefits and executive compensation
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous employee benefits and executive compensation issues
- Author of numerous articles related to the areas of employee benefits and executive compensation
- J.D. degree, Order of the Coif, University of California at Berkeley (Boalt Hall); A.B. degree, cum laude, Occidental College
- Can be contacted at 214-651-4572 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.