Utilizing social media to learn about potential employees can be an effective tool - make sure it doesn't become a legal risk.
Employers and recruiters aren't only using search engines to find information on applicants but are now examining social networking sites, such as Facebook®, LinkedIn®, or Twitter®, as well as blogs and other online sources. For job applicants, social networking site are places to interact with peers in any manner they choose. Entries on these sites are typically not meant for employers to view. Conversely, some job applicants feel they have been denied opportunities unfairly by employers or recruiters that snoop on social websites and view materials out of context or web entries that are meant just in fun for friends.
Lester S. Rosen, Esq.
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR)
- Attorney, Founder, and CEO of Employment Screening Resources® (ESR)
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of background screening and due diligence in hiring
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on background screening
- Regular speaker at national and statewide HR Conferences
- Author of The Safe Hiring Manual and The Safe Hiring Audit
- Chairperson of the steering committee that founded the Professional Background Screening Association (PBSA), the professional trade organization for the background screening industry, where he was elected to the first board of directors and served as the first co-chairman in 2004 and received the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2019
- J.D. degree, University of California at Davis School of Law; graduate, Phi Beta Kappa honors, UCLA
- Can be contacted at 888-999-4474, [email protected], https://twitter.com/esrcheck or https://www.linkedin.com/in/lesterrosen/
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.