Become familiar with safe harbor arrangements and various common mistakes related to safe harbor plans and how to fix such mistakes.
There are several required notices for Internal Revenue Code (Code) Section 401(k) plans governed by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) for safe harbor 401(k) plans. Missing a notice can be expensive, burdensome, and detrimental to a plan's tax-favored status. This presentation will provide a brief overview of safe harbor designs, and dive into the notice requirements that have had several changes in the last few years.
Taft Stettinius & Hollister, LLP
- •Partner in the office of Taft Stettinius & Hollister, LLP focusing exclusively on employee benefit matters
- •Practice emphasizes all aspects of employee benefits and executive compensation of both retirement and health and welfare plans
- •Conducts regular client training, seminars, and workshops on ERISA, fiduciary duties, the Affordable Care Act, IRS and DOL audits, 401(k) plans, defined benefit plans, cash balance plans, health and welfare plans, VEBAs, Medicare Secondary Payer rules, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, 403(b) plans, 457(b) plans, 457(f) plans, and new comparability (cross-tested) plan designs
- •Certified employee benefits specialist (CEBS), American Bar Association Committee on Employee Benefits, Indiana Benefits Conference (past chairperson), Indianapolis Bar Association, and current President of the Indiana Chapter of the International Society of Employee Benefit Specialists
- •J.D. degree, Indiana University, Robert H. McKinney School of Law; B.S. degree, Ball State University
- •Can be contacted at 317-713-3533 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.