Understand the requirements that must be met in order for companies to operate as S corporations.
S Corporations are a powerful tax efficiency vehicle with the savings of Social Security and Medicare taxes, but there are considerations. The webinar will discuss the several reasons why an S Corporation does not make sense but will also highlight ways around some of the rigidity. Next, we will take a deep dive into reasonable shareholder salary which poses one of the largest challenges for tax professionals. Finally, we will wrap up with accountable plan reimbursements, nomadic owners, and revoking the S Corp election.
Jason Watson, CPA
Jason Watson, CPA, Partner
- Partner in the office of WCG CPAs & Advisors, a boutique small business accounting firm
- Practices as a small business consultant specializing in LLCs and S Corporations including entity structure, self-employment taxes, and retirement planning
- Author of Taxpayer’s Comprehensive Guide to LLCs and S Corporations
- Presented several webinars on general S Corporations but has also presented specifically on reasonable compensation, S Corporations for medical groups, and home office issues
- Experience as an expert witness and provides litigation support for general business matters including business valuations
- Can be contacted at [email protected] and 719-428-3261
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.