Examine the cutting-edge issues in designing and executing privacy and security risk assessments.
This topic will focus on the fundamentals of creating and implementing a risk-based vendor management program designed to address the increasing threat of cybersecurity incidents. The risk to the privacy and security of an organization's sensitive, personally identifiable, proprietary, and financial information continues to grow as cybersecurity attacks become more sophisticated. A growing number of these attacks occur through third parties, vendors, service providers, or the supply chain. Traditional vendor management programs may not be adequate for identifying and minimizing these risks. We will take a look at the threat landscape, review basic elements of a cybersecurity-focused vendor management program, identify best practices, and discuss program ownership and available resources. Whether your organization purchases software products, connected devices, or SaaS; outsources services; or engages managed service providers, this information will help you create or update your vendor management program to address cybersecurity risks posed by third parties, vendors, services providers, or the supply chain.
Mary T. Costigan
Jackson Lewis P.C.
- Member of the Jackson Lewis P.C. Privacy, Data and Cybersecurity Practice Group
- Advises multinational, national, and regional companies on emerging data privacy and cybersecurity issues including mandates, best practices, and preventive safeguards
- A certified information privacy professional with the International Association of Privacy Professionals and co-chair of the New Jersey chapter
- Writes and speaks frequently on a variety of data protection issues; she wrote the OneTrust DataGuidance “New Jersey – Data Protection Overview” and posts frequently to the Jackson Lewis Workplace Privacy Report blog
- Recent webinars and presentations include “Data Protection Update: Post-pandemic remote workers, trending laws and ransomware FAQs” for the New Jersey Association of Corporate Counsel, “Mitigating Risk by Managing Your Sensitive Data” for ARMA New Jersey, “Data Privacy” for L&E Global, and “The CCPA”, for Truyo Privacy Leaders Circle
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.