Learn how to draft procurement documents that limit your exposure to problem invoicing.
Procurement is more than just purchasing commodities and services it is a whole realm of responsibilities including assisting with problem invoices. In this topic, you will learn from an experienced procurement professional what situations can and do result in creating a high risk of receiving an invoice that is problematic. You will see many examples of situations that have led to problem invoices requiring intervention by the purchasing officer in order to resolve them and allow payment to be made. By reviewing these situations participants will learn how to draft procurement documents that limit their exposure to problem invoicing. In addition, you will learn how to recognize and avoid situations that may lead to errors in billing. Learn how to spend more time processing procurements and less time resolving problem invoices. Vendor relations will also improve by providing them with timely payments.
Kenneth M. Jones
- Procurement specialist (part-time) providing training to new procurement staff at the University at Albany, SUNY
- Has trained many university staff on state procurement rules and regulations as well as the Research Foundation for SUNY (a non-profit organization) rules and regulations working with various granting agencies
- Provided procurement procedures, training, and transactional review for a research foundation for a SUNY grant-funded procurement team in Nairobi, Kenya
- Established online ordering processes with vendors ranging from office supplies to lab supplies
- More than 30 years of experience working in the public and nonprofit procurement field
- Previous purchasing experience included procuring commodities, services, and construction for the departments on campus
- Conducts regular seminars, webinars, and workshops on various procurement topics
- Past purchasing assistant for the New York State Office of Taxation and Finance
- Can be contacted at 518-875-6854 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.