Gain valuable insight into procedures for handling and responding to counterclaims, including working with creditors and outside counsel.
This topic will discuss a collection law firm's procedures and response to counterclaims. The discussion will include client review and response to the counterclaim, dealing with the client on the counterclaim, and/or dealing with the client's outside counsel. The speaker will try to help identify possible counterclaims before a suit. When litigation is pursued, creditors and their collection partners should always be aware of the risk of counterclaims, which can include breach of contract, fraud, and consumer-protection claims.
Lynda L. Laing
Strauss Factor Laing & Lyons
- Partner in the office of Strauss Factor Laing & Lyons
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of creditors’ rights and bankruptcy
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on skip tracing and collections
- Author of several publications related to the areas of skip tracing and collections
- Achieved the highest rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Member of the NARCA, RIBA, and CLLA
- Named Super Lawyer
- J.D. degree, Case Western Reserve Law School; B.A. degree, Albion College
- Can be contacted at 401-456-0700 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.