Gain a better understanding of the best practices for diagnosing and treating generalized anxiety disorders.
Anxiety is one of the most common reasons clients seek mental health services. However, anxiety disorders can be especially difficult to treat, and oftentimes professionals note that many clients seek treatment for years with minimal relief. This topic teaches professionals the basic neuroscience behind anxiety, and explains why traditional methods are often necessary, but not sufficient, for recovery from anxiety. Additionally, this content presents an easy-to-follow roadmap for anxiety treatment and presents several examples of techniques that have been shown to help clients better manage and reduce their anxiety in an efficient and effective manner.
Kansas City Mental Health Associates
- Owner of the group practice, Kansas City Mental Health Associates in the greater Kansas City area
- Expert on anxiety, trauma, and neuroscience applications to mental health
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on a monthly basis both nationally and internationally
- Author of upcoming book, “Neuroscience for Clinicians,” scheduled to be published by PESI Publishing in May of 2018
- Completed doctoral training at the Stanford University School of Medicine, the Pacific Graduate School of Psychology, and the National Center for PTSD. Additionally, Dr. Sweeton holds a master's degree in affective neuroscience from Stanford University, and studied behavioral genetics at Harvard University
- Former Rhodes Scholar National Semi-Finalist
- American Psychological Association Early Career Achievement Award
- Former President of the Oklahoma Psychological Association, and current President-Elect of the Greater Kansas City Psychological Association
- Can be contacted at [email protected], 913-648-2512, ext 700, www.jennifersweeton.com or www.kcmentalhealthassociates.com
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.