Gain an understanding of your company's insurance policies and provide guidance regarding the key coverages available to businesses.
In an era where natural and man-made disasters and accidents are commonplace and frequently involve liability associated with property damage, injury involving the use of social media and big data, it is imperative for business leaders and owners to be acutely aware of their company's insurance program. A well-managed and thoughtfully procured insurance program commonly provides a defense from a lawsuit, provides indemnity for any covered claim, settlement, or judgment, and provides coverage for property damage or business interruptions caused by natural disasters. This course will cover the most common forms of first and third-party insurance available for businesses, including property coverage, commercial general liability insurance (CGL), directors and officers liability (D&O), errors and omissions liability (E&O), cyber liability, and employment practices liability (EPLI) coverage. It will explain the core principles of insurance law that you should be mindful of when reading your policy that will inform your negotiation of the terms and conditions of the policy and understanding of the risks covered by the policy. The topic will conclude with an in-depth discussion of how to read and understand your corporate insurance policy, including the most significant terms and conditions, and emphasize how different areas of the policy may change depending on the type of coverage and risks at issue.
Bradley H. Dlatt
Perkins Coie LLP
- Associate in the insurance recovery practice in Perkins Coie LLP’s Chicago office
- Provides insurance-related counseling to corporate, nonprofit, and individual policyholders, including assisting with purchasing and renewing insurance policies, auditing policies, and advising on contractual risk transfer through additional insured and indemnity provisions
- Represents policyholders in insurance coverage disputes, including COVID-19 business interruption litigation and disputed claims under CGL, cyber, D&O, E&O, employment practices liability, fiduciary liability, fidelity bond, and commercial property coverage forms
- Recognized as an Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star in Insurance Coverage annually since 2019
- Writes and presents regularly on insurance coverage issues and maximizing contractual risk transfer
- Graduate, magna cum laude and Order of the Coif, Washington University School of Law in St. Louis; B.A. and M.P.P. degrees, The George Washington University
- Can be contacted at 312-324-8499 or [email protected]
David M. Cummings
Reed Smith LLP
- Counsel in the insurance recovery practice group in Reed Smith LLP’s Chicago office
- Practice focuses on representing corporate policyholders in resolving disputes concerning coverage under general liability, property, directors and officers, professional liability, and cyber liability insurance, among other types of coverage by way of litigation, mediation, and arbitration
- Representations range from large publicly-traded Fortune 500 corporations to start-ups and mid-market private companies covering industries as diverse as banking and finance, energy exploration and development, mortgage servicing and real estate, manufacturing, consumer retail, gaming, and health care
- His practice is international, with depth of experience in matters across the country at the state and federal level, and experience in matters involving the London and Bermuda markets, to name but a few
- Writes and presents regularly on insurance coverage issues; adjunct professor at the University of Illinois Chicago College of Law in the Lawyering Skills Department
- Recognized in Illinois Super Lawyers, selected to the Rising Stars list for business litigation and insurance coverage, 2016-2022
- J.D. degree, cum laude, University of Illinois College of Law; B.A. degree, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Can be contacted at 312-207-6526 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.