Gain an understanding of procurement concepts and how best to utilize the technologies available.
Individuals who are new to being a buyer within procurement may not be aware of the responsibility and opportunities that come with the position. The role can be high pressure at times and may differ from industry to industry, but as a rule the buyer will have to constantly balance the expectations of their customers against a supplier's capabilities and at the same time hold themselves to a higher ethical standard than others in the organization. With these challenges the role can reap organizational recognition and provide potential career progression not found in other professions. This topic will provide the new buyer with an enhanced understanding of procurement concepts and how best to utilize the technologies available for processing their work. The material will also explain in detail the ethical obligations of the role and reasons why buyers are held to a higher standard. This higher level of responsibility in the organization brings with it opportunities to directly benefit the budget bottom line as well as other value-adds such as minimizing organizational risk. This information is critical for anyone who is a new buyer or new to supervising buyers and will send participants away with future training topics to explore as they advance their career in procurement.
Andy Lamb, C.P.M.
Andy Lamb Associates LLC
- Owner of Andy Lamb Associates LLC
- Continues his full-time career concentrating on advancing supply chain, procurement, and invoice processing functions
- Over 30 years’ experience working in private, public, and nonprofit organizations
- Advisor to the UC San Diego Extension - Supply Management Certification Program
- Member of the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) and the Association for Healthcare Resource & Materials Management (AHRMM)
- Achieved Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) lifetime certification status in 2012
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 802-345-5861
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.