Understand which foundation type is best for your goals and the necessary compliance requirements.
It can often be difficult navigating the intricacies of establishing and running a private foundation. Generally, the foundation is birthed out of someone's good intentions to use their resources to help the world around them. However, with the ever-increasing scrutiny on private foundations by the IRS, it is important to ensure that the board and foundation managers are cognizant of what it truly takes to run the foundation in full compliance with all the rules, regulations, and restrictions. This topic will help you understand not only the right type of foundation for your goals, but also the compliance requirements that need to be adhered to. The material will help you to be able to identify certain transactions and restrictions that could trigger additional excise taxes, or even put the foundation's exempt status in jeopardy, if left uncorrected. You will receive a general overview of establishing and maintaining a private foundation, from the initial setup to the ongoing recordkeeping.
Jennifer L. Beames, CPA
- Tax Manager, Friedman LLP
- Experienced tax professional specializing in IRS and State compliance for not-for-profit entities and foundations; her previous background in auditing and accounting supports her tax expertise and offers comprehensive insight into the financial concerns of nonprofit organizations, both large and small
- Serves as a go-to resource for nonprofit and foundation tax compliance within the firm, spanning the tri-state area; she has also taught Best Practices CPE, internally for Friedman LLP, guiding staff in 990 preparation and review procedures
- Member of the AICPA and NJCPA, member of the board of Friedman LLP’s Women’s Development Network, bember of the committee of Friedman LLP’s nonprofit group
- B.S. degree in business, concentration in accounting; licensed CPA in New Jersey
- Can be contacted at 267-886-1742 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.