Understand how to perform the necessary initial steps when credit is extended in order to increase the likelihood of successful collections later.
All too often, the difficulties faced by businesses in collecting commercial debts result from insufficient planning before credit is extended. Creditors who fail to understand the nature of the business entities to which they are selling goods and services and the persons and assets behind those entities may be in for some hard lessons once an account becomes delinquent. These situations worsen if the creditor fails to select legal counsel with particular experience in obtaining judgments and penetrating business entities determined not to pay. This course will assist business owners, financial officers, and credit managers with the development of effective credit applications and procedures, and to understand the particular risks of extending credit to corporations, limited liability companies, and partnership entities. Methods to minimize those risks and how to plan and implement an effective collection strategy when an account becomes overdue will also be reviewed while emphasizing cost-effective collection planning and risky practices to be avoided.
Robert W. Pontz
Brubaker Connaughton Goss & Lucarelli
- Founding member of the law firm of Brubaker Connaughton Goss & Lucarelli, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Practice emphasizes commercial collection, representation of creditor interests in commercial litigation and bankruptcy proceedings, and business counseling
- Frequent local and regional speaker at programs covering advanced collection topics and commercial bankruptcy
- Admitted in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and federal courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania
- Active member of the American Bankruptcy Institute and Eastern and Middle District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conferences
- Named a Select Lawyer in bankruptcy and creditors’ rights law by Susquehanna Style magazine
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Washington and Lee School of Law; B.A. degree, with honors, majoring in history, College of William and Mary
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.