Gain an understanding of how income tax and estate planning are affected once a client passes away.
Attorneys for fiduciaries of estates and testamentary trusts must provide proper advice to their fiduciary clients. In addition, the fiduciary client and the beneficiaries of the estate or trust expect that the attorney will be able to save them taxes or headaches in the future. This topic will give the fiduciary the vocabulary, and tools, to limit their liability and defer taxes of the estate or trust. It will also help beneficiaries of the estate or trust who may be unfairly impacted by unexpected events, tax laws, or poor or thoughtless estate planning by the decedent. This material will also aid the practitioner with tools for dealing with estates with cash liquidity issues.
Antar P. Jones, Esq. LL.M.
The Law Office of Antar P. Jones, PLLC
- Founder of The Law Office of Antar P. Jones, PLLC, located in Brooklyn, New York
- Practice includes advising fiduciaries and successful individuals concerning the administration of estates, trusts, and the income and estate taxation matters affecting them
- Appointed over 70 times as guardian ad litem with respect to decedents’ estates in the State of New York
- Published "Providing Capital to Entities or Individuals That Go Bust" on Complinet.com, a website owned by Thomson Reuters
- Received an acknowledgment for his work on the textbook, Corporate Finance and Governance, Jeffrey J. Haas, Carolina Academic Press (3d ed. 2006)
- Has presented at dozens of speaking engagements on taxation and trusts, and estates matters
- Co-chair of the Surrogate’s Court Committee at the Brooklyn Bar Association
- Adjunct Professor of Law at New York Law School and teaches a course on the income taxation of estates and trusts
- LL.M. degree in taxation, graduate program in taxation, New York Law School
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.