Payroll costs are the largest expense of any organization, and payroll accounting involves much more than ensuring the debits equal the credits.
A solid process for accurate and compliant payroll accounting must include knowledge and understanding of Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations and taxation, audit controls, and data security. With the emergence of the remote workforce, understanding these issues becomes more critical. Do you have a disaster recovery plan? Is there a solid flow of information between payroll, human resources, accounting, and IT? Failure to understand these basic principles could result in fraud, penalties, and interest for noncompliance, loss of reputation, and even the demise of your business. Learning the regulations, knowing what data security tools to have in place (including a disaster recovery plan), and implementing audit controls are vital to the financial and employee health of your company. You will be provided with the information and tools you need to develop and maintain a solid and accurate system of controls, policies, and procedures. Protect your business, your data, your money, and your employees.
Tricia Richardson, CPP, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Purposed Payroll Professional
- President, Purposed Payroll Professional
- Human capital management consultant that focuses on payroll and human resources best practices and regulatory compliance audits
- Conducts regular webinars on all topics related to human capital management and payroll processes, regulatory compliance, and best practices
- Regular contributor to Paytech Magazine
- National speaker for the American Payroll Association, Payroll Certification Study Group Leader, and Human Resource Certification Study Group Leader
- Bachelor of Science in Management Studies, minor in psychology, University of Maryland University College
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.