Learn about NEP issues and how to effectively manage these inspections and avoid penalties.
OSHA has more than a dozen National Emphasis Programs (NEPs) currently in effect, including the controversial COVID-19 NEP. More changes to the NEP programs are on the way as OSHA assumes new leadership in 2021. These are the priority 'programmed' inspections and can also trigger concurrent site-specific targeting program inspections that are 'wall-to-wall' instead of being limited in scope to the hazards relating to the NEP. Employers need to be aware of which NEPs cover their workplaces, when the programs will expire, how they are enforced, and which standards are covered by them. This material will address the most significant NEP issues and offer sound advice on how to effectively manage these inspections and avoid penalties of up to $136,532 per violation.
Adele L. Abrams, Esq., ASP, CMSP
Law Office of Adele L. Abrams P.C.
- President, Law Office of Adele L. Abrams P.C.
- Represents employers in OSHA, MSHA, and other regulatory and employment law matters
- Instructs on employment law at University of Colorado and Catholic University of America; regular speaker at conferences of NSC, ASSP, and various trade and bar associations
- Co-author of textbooks: The Safety Professional’s Handbook and Construction Safety Management & Engineering (both published by ASSP)
- Member of NSC, ASSP, SHRM, American Bar Association, and a number of professional groups in mining and construction
- Admitted to practice before multiple state bars, federal courts, and the U.S. Supreme Court
- J.D. degree, George Washington University; B.S. degree, University of Maryland (in College Park)
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.