Learn how to create lawful, enforceable separation agreements that comply with the OWBPA.
Companies must be diligent in assessing their size and organizational structure to ensure a competitive advantage. As a result, employee reductions and terminations occur. This topic will assist companies in understanding the rules and case law surrounding the Older Workers Benefit Protection Act (OWBPA). Learn about the interaction between OWBPA and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) and the importance of meeting the OWBPA requirements. To minimize the risk of potential litigation, employers may wish to offer departing employees money or benefits in exchange for a release or waiver of liability for all claims connected with the employment relationship. This material will assist in the understanding of the requirements under OWBPA to avoid potential liability risks.
Jackie A. Sexson
- Compliance manager with Fortune 250 company
- Former executive director with the legal and human resources consulting firm, The Sexson Group
- Extensive experience in employment and labor law, as well as human resources
- Has a legal and HR background in employee relations, performance management (360-degree feedback), organizational management, benefits administration, recruitment and selection, compensation, equal employment opportunity, and training and development
- Experience with the public sector, Fortune 500 companies, and small startup companies
- Held director and executive level positions, and worked as an independent consultant
- Certified as a senior professional in human resources by the Society for Human Resources Management
- J.D. and M.B.A. degrees
- Can be contacted at 303-513-6018 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.