Learn strategies to prevent work-related hearing loss.
Over 22 million workers are exposed to noise in the workplace every day at potentially damaging levels. When uncontrolled, noise exposure may cause permanent hearing loss, an irreversible health condition that is fully preventable. Hearing loss can also interfere with effective training and communication, including the ability to hear workplace warning signals, which puts hearing-impaired workers at an elevated risk of injury. New information confirms that exposure to certain chemicals may cause hearing loss or balance problems, regardless of noise exposure, but the combination of noise and chemicals can be extremely hazardous to workers, so this is another consideration for some employers when developing a program for protecting workers. Hearing loss results in some $250 million per year in preventable workers' compensation costs. This material will explain the fundamentals of OSHA compliance with the general industry and construction noise standards, as well as best practices for mitigating noise exposures, conducting hazard assessments, and ensuring that the appropriate protections are provided for workers exposed to elevated noise levels who are enrolled in a workplace hearing conservation program.
Adele L. Abrams, Esq., ASP, CMSP
Law Office of Adele L. Abrams P.C.
- President, Law Office of Adele L. Abrams P.C.
- Represents employers in OSHA and MSHA matters nationwide
- National speaker on occupational safety and employment law issues
- Co-author of multiple textbooks on OHS, including several published by ASSP
- Regular columnist for multiple publications on OHS and employment law issues
- Memberships include: NSC, ASSP, ABA, and Adele is CEO of Chesapeake Region Safety Council and recipient of the National Safety Council’s DSSA Award
- J.D. degree, George Washington University; B.S. degree, University of Maryland College Park
- Can be contacted at [email protected], 301-613-7498, or www.safety-law.com
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.