Understand the differences between contributions and exchange transactions.
Many accounting and finance professionals have noted difficulty in characterizing grants and similar contracts with resource providers as either exchange transactions or contributions and in determining whether a contribution is conditional. This topic will improve your understanding of accounting and reporting for grants and contributions by enabling you to distinguish between exchange and contribution elements within a transaction. This material will help you be able to clearly determine if a promise to give is conditional through example application.
Julien Decosimo, CPA, MBA
- Manager at CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
- Nonprofit, Assurance and Tax
- Recent speaking engagements include Maryland Society of Certified Public Accountants - Going Concern, April 2021, and American University - Data Analytics Used in Audits of Nonprofit Organizations, March 2021
- Memberships include American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and American Society for Association Executives (ASAE)
- M.B.A. degree, University of Tennessee, Chattanooga; B.S degree in accounting, University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
- Can be contacted at 423-304-9329 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.