Learn how to build rapport and trust with your candidates, negotiate salary, and close the deal.
In a market that is flooded with candidates, it is often difficult to identify and obtain the best candidate for a position. Interviewing and hiring candidates only to have them leave within a year is detrimental to any organization. This topic will give employers the tools to build a candidate selection process that will not only allow you to select the candidate that is best suited for the position but also to do so in a legally compliant manner. The material will also explain how to build rapport and trust with your candidates, negotiate salary, and close the deal. This information is critical for employers to ensure that they reduce hiring lawsuits, avoid turnover, and achieve candidate success.
Julie A. Proscia, Esq.
- Partner in the office of SmithAmundsen LLC
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of labor and employment, public and private sectors
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous topics, including supervisor training, wage and hour compliance, and independent contractor issues
- Author of several publications related to the areas of gender identity issues and changes in the workplace, minimizing risk in employment interviews, sexual harassment in both public and private sector issues, biometrics/data privacy issues, and social media and municipalities
- Member of the Illinois Senate Task Force on Sexual Discrimination and Harassment Awareness, has been selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers List for multiple years, selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers ‘Rising Stars’ List, and recognized as ‘40 Illinois Attorneys Under 40 to Watch’
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 630-587-7911
Rebecca Dobbs Bush, Esq.
- Partner with SmithAmundsen LLC
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers list of Rising Stars, 2013 - 2017
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of employee benefits and compensation, employment law, government regulation, audit and compliance, staffing agency, independent contractor and contingent workforce, unfair competition counseling and litigation, and wage and hour
- Conducts regular seminars and webinars on numerous employment and labor law topics, including employment contracts, health care reform, employee medical issues, Affordable Care Act, Department of Labor benefits, audit and compliance, and more
- Author of several publications related to the areas of employment law, including SmithAmundsen's Labor & Employment Law Update, a labor and employment advisory blog; Illinois Chamber of Commerce's Chamber Dispatch, an HR advisory blog; and contributing author of the Illinois Employment Law Handbook, Illinois Chamber's most comprehensive publication and reference guide for employers in complying with Illinois and federal labor and employment law
- Member of Illinois State Bar Association, Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel, Wisconsin State Bar Association, National Society of Human Resource Management, and American Benefits Council
- J.D. degree, magna cum laude, Northern Illinois University College of Law; B.S. degree, Northern Illinois University
- Can be contacted at 608-412-5106, [email protected], or Twitter® @Dobbslawyer
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.