Learn negotiation strategies to streamline the effective resolution of multiple-party litigation.
Multiple-party negotiations are complicated and challenging. They generally involve significantly more issues, attorneys, insurers, experts, and perspectives than two-party negotiations. Each player has its own goals and interests. Plaintiffs push to maximize recoveries. Defendants concentrate on minimizing damages and shifting responsibilities. Attorneys challenge pleadings, decipher contracts, and assert defenses. Insurers highlight policy language to define covered losses and involve other carriers to share the risks. Experts bring technical insight to all aspects of the discussions. Litigation costs soar. Through all of this, multiple individual agreements must be brokered to reach a global resolution. This topic will focus on negotiation strategies to streamline the effective resolution of multiple-party litigation. Preparation is key: know your case, prepare your client, manage the process, execute a strategic action plan, and close the deal. When counsel follows these guidelines, they bring significant value to their clients and ultimately minimize risks, expand options, and optimize the resolution of multiple-party disputes.
Anne M. Lawlor Goyette
- Principal of Griffiths Goyette
- Resolved more than 800 civil disputes as a full time Special Master, Mediator and Arbitrator since 1998
- Through prepared and productive negotiations, she has facilitated settlements ranging from cost waivers to $35 million, primarily in multiparty complex cases involving construction, real estate, insurance, and related issues
- An ADR panelist for numerous appellate, state, and federal courts, serves as Special Master and referee for more than two dozen California Superior Courts, acts as Special Master and Arbitrator in national and statewide class actions, and mediates nationwide medical product cases
- Achieved the highest rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory®, Super Lawyers® distinction in Alternative Dispute Resolution, and membership in the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.