Learn and prepare for changes in mortgage lending and servicing with challenges from COVID-19 in mind.
This topic will focus on the mortgage industry and where it has been and where it is going in the wake of COVID-19. Learn about the basics of mortgage servicing and lending, including what roll a servicer plays on a borrower's mortgage and its relationship with the investor. Become knowledgeable or get a refreshed course in the mortgage crisis of 2008 and how that affected servicing today, including the creation of the CFPB, stricter lending requirements and regulations. The material will mainly discuss the topic at hand, where are servicers today and what are the issues servicers are facing and will face in light of COVID-19? Ultimately, what does this mean for a post-COVID-19 servicing/lending world?
More Program Information
More Program Information
Heavner, Scott, Beyers, & Mihlar
- Co-Managing Partner overseeing tHeavner, Scott, Beyers, & Mihlar’s bankruptcy practice
- Represents creditors in all aspects of Chapters 7, 11, 12 and 13 proceedings
- Oversees the firm’s Missouri collection and foreclosure practice
- Admitted to practice in Illinois and Missouri and Federal Courts of Northern, Central and Southern District of Illinois and Western District of Missouri
- Member of American Bankruptcy Institute, Mortgage Bankers Association, National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys, Illinois State Bar Association, Missouri State Bar Association, Bankruptcy Association of Southern Illinois, Decatur Bar Association and American Legal Financial Network
- National speaker on bankruptcy, mortgage foreclosure, and related topics for the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges, IICLE, BASIL, ABI, ISBA, Lorman Education Services, and Pincus Professional Education; he co-authored articles for the ABI titled, "Creativity in Chapter 13 Has Limits after Espinosa," featured in the "Best of ABI 2011: This Year in Consumer Bankruptcy" and for the Illinois Bar Journal titled, "Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: Tips for Representing Creditors"
- Can be contacted at 217-422-1719 or [email protected]
- Managing Partner at Shapiro & DeNardo, responsible for the management and supervision for all matters handled by the firm in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- Admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the State of New Jersey, as well as all Federal District Courts in both states and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Has several years’ worth of valuable experience representing lenders in foreclosures and evictions as well as other real estate transactions, as well as creditor's rights and bankruptcy issues and title curative matters
- National speaker regarding both foreclosure and bankruptcy
- Co-chairperson of the Philadelphia Mortgage Foreclosure Steering Committee; the Committee developed the Philadelphia Mortgage Diversion Program, which became the template for mortgage conciliation programs across the country
- Licensed title agent
- Can be contacted at 610-278-6800 or [email protected]
Keri P. Ebeck
- Partner-in-Charge of the Bankruptcy Practice Group at Bernstein-Burkley, P.C.
- Practice focuses primarily on consumer and commercial bankruptcy for creditors
- Conducts regular seminars/live webinars and workshops on bankruptcy on a national level
- Represents creditors nationally and is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Northern District of Ohio, all four districts of Texas, Southern and Northern Districts of Indiana, Third Circuit Court of Appeals and U.S. Supreme Court
- Received American Legal and Financial Network (ALFN)’s 2017 JPEG: Picture the Future Award
- Immediate past chair of Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section of the Allegheny County Bar Association, current vice-chair of the Finance Committee of Allegheny County Bar Association, current vice-chair of the Investment Committee of the Allegheny County Bar Association, member of American Legal Financial Network (ALFN), Bankruptcy and Women in Legal Leadership committees, member of Legal League 100, member of Turnaround Management Association, and finance chair of Judith K. Fitzgerald Bankruptcy Inns of Court
- Can be contacted at 412-456-8112 or [email protected]
- Associate in the commercial and consumer bankruptcy practice groups at Bernstein-Burkley, P.C. with a focus on Chapter 7 and 11
- Represents creditors, reorganizing debtors, creditors’ committees and bankruptcy trustees
- Member of the Allegheny County Bar Association, Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section Council and the International Women’ s Insolvency & Restructuring
- Licensed to practice in Pennsylvania the Federal Court for Western District of Pennsylvania
- Can be contacted at 412-456-8147 or [email protected]
McCalla Raymer Liebert Pierce, LLC
- Senior Partner in the bankruptcy department at McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce, LLC in Atlanta, Georgia, where he assists in the bankruptcy representation for dozens of mortgage lenders and servicers nationwide
- Frequent speaker and author on various topics related to bankruptcy, including the handling of escrow accounts during a bankruptcy proceeding, and the recent bankruptcy form changes
- Appeared as an expert witness in several bankruptcy cases on behalf of mortgage servicers
- Member of numerous local and national bankruptcy organizations, including the American Bankruptcy Institute, and the National Association of Chapter 13 Trustees (associate member)
- Chair of the Loan Modification Subcommittee of the NACTT Mortgage Committee and was recently appointed to the Committee on Case Administration and the Estate of the ABI Commission on Consumer Bankruptcy Law; he is also recognized by the American Board of Certification as a Consumer Bankruptcy Specialist
- Native of Toronto, Canada and received his undergraduate degree from the University of Western Ontario; he graduated from Wake Forest University School of Law; and is admitted to practice in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri, and Tennessee
- Can be contacted at 678-281-3918 ext. 13918 or [email protected]
More Program Information
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Access to all training products for one year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.