Understand the basics of physician credentialing and negligent credentialing claims so employees can stay compliant.
Physicians around the country submit applications for staff privileges and staff re-appointment on a routine basis. The decisions by healthcare institutions either granting or denying those applications can lead to substantial liability concerns. Many in institutional leadership--with both clinical and non-clinical backgrounds--may underestimate the importance of a deliberate, consistent, and rule compliant process to minimize liability. This topic helps those involved with the credentialing process to understand the basics of physician credentialing, negligent credentialing claims, physician claims for denied privileges, and tools for limiting and minimizing liability associated with credentialing decisions. It is critical for medical professionals to understand and apply these lessons when faced with credentialing decisions.
Alan S. Bean
Starnes Davis Florie LLP
- Partner at Starnes Davis Florie LLP and has been practicing law since 2007
- Has represented numerous hospitals, medical groups, clinics, physicians, nursing homes, and other health care providers in all phases of health care liability, premises liability, products liability, and personal injury cases in Tennessee, Florida, Texas, New Hampshire, West Virginia, and Alabama
- Has experience in state circuit courts, general sessions court, federal district courts, and matters pending in multi-district litigation panels
- He also advises health care providers and handles administrative and peer review matters
- He has tried numerous jury cases to verdict, and has also handled mediation and arbitration proceedings
- Has also handled multiple appellate arguments, including several cases which have become published appellate decisions; whether it be a slip and fall personal injury case or complex birth injury case, he prioritizes outworking his adversary, keeping his clients well-informed, and providing excellent representation in order to obtain the best possible results
- J.D. degree, Vanderbilt University Law School; B.A. degree, magna cum laude, University of Mississippi
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.