Understand how to recognize an ethical situation and then how to handle it with integrity.
Coding professionals may find themselves in a situation in which their ethics are being tested and look to the AHIMA Standards of Ethical Coding for direction. Interpreting these standards may be a little confusing. This topic will help coding professionals to understand how first to recognize an ethical situation and then how to handle it with integrity. The material goes into detail of each of the standards and potential scenarios that relate to ethical coding. Failing to abide by these standards puts health care entities and themselves at risk for potential fines. This information will help coding professionals, as well as any other health care worker, understand their role in upholding the AHIMA Standards of Ethical Coding.
Rachel Mitchell, CIC, COC, CPC, CRCR
- Associate Vice President of Mid Revenue Cycle at Xtend Healthcare
- With more than 20 years of health care coding and auditing experience, she holds several certifications, including CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder), COC (Certified Outpatient Coder) and CPC (Certified Professional Coder) through AAPC, CRCR (Certified Revenue Cycle Representative) through HFMA, and is also an AHIMA Approved ICD-10 CM and PCS trainer
- She brings extensive knowledge of revenue cycle process improvements in several areas including: patient access, patient financial services – billing, denials and appeals, coding and HIM management, charge capture and chargemaster reconciliation
- Manages coding operations, denials & appeals management services, and RCO clients for Xtend Healthcare; she is currently mentoring staff to receive additional coding credentials with AHIMA
- Speaker at the 2019 National AHIMA Convention
- AAPC, AHIMA, HFMA
- Associate of Arts; current student at University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) enrolled in the Health Information Management bachelor’s degree program
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.