Understand the complexities involved in maintaining a 401(k) plan for your employees and what role your service providers play.
Ensure all parties are fulfilling their obligations under ERISA and that your organization's 401(k) program is running smoothly. Are you overwhelmed by the complexities involved in maintaining a 401(k) plan for your employees and confused as to what role your service providers play and wondering why at certain times, it feels like your 401(k) plan is taking over your life? This course will help you understand what role you, your organization, and the plan's third-party service providers play in the maintenance of a 401(k) plan. The information also provides guidance through discussion of best practices to enable you to improve your management of your 401(k) plan and its third-party service providers. This topic is critical for employers so they can ensure that all parties are fulfilling their obligations under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) and the Internal Revenue Code. It will also give you tips to use so that you can plan for the regular, ongoing duties you must fulfill to ensure your organization's 401(k) runs smoothly and serves the goals of your organization.
Taft Stettinius & Hollister, LLP
- •Partner in the office of Taft Stettinius & Hollister, LLP focusing exclusively on employee benefit matters
- •Practice emphasizes all aspects of employee benefits and executive compensation of both retirement and health and welfare plans
- •Conducts regular client training, seminars, and workshops on ERISA, fiduciary duties, the Affordable Care Act, IRS and DOL audits, 401(k) plans, defined benefit plans, cash balance plans, health and welfare plans, VEBAs, Medicare Secondary Payer rules, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, 403(b) plans, 457(b) plans, 457(f) plans, and new comparability (cross-tested) plan designs
- •Certified employee benefits specialist (CEBS), American Bar Association Committee on Employee Benefits, Indiana Benefits Conference (past chairperson), Indianapolis Bar Association, and current President of the Indiana Chapter of the International Society of Employee Benefit Specialists
- •J.D. degree, Indiana University, Robert H. McKinney School of Law; B.S. degree, Ball State University
- •Can be contacted at 317-713-3533 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.