Learn how to identify problematic traps in your leave policies and procedures and how to fix them.
Many employers find it difficult to understand how they should properly address repeated request for leaves of absence. They also may not fundamentally understand the role that both the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) play in such a scenario. This topic will assist in further understanding the basic process of managing repeated requests for leave. The discussion of undue hardship and its effect on the employment relationship will be explored in detail, both as a necessary concept and the importance of its role in understanding reasonable accommodation issues. This material will address real-life scenarios and the various roles that the employer, employee, the employee's physician, and others play in the management of these types of issues and potential complications.
James B. Fairbanks, Esq.
Treece Alfrey Musat P.C.
- Shareholder with Treece Alfrey Musat P.C. and head of the workers’ compensation and employment defense department
- Practice emphasizes workers’ compensation defense, professional malpractice defense, subrogation, and general liability and employment defense
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops and has been a regular presenter for Lorman
- J.D. degree, University of Colorado School of Law
- Can be contacted at 303-731-9539 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.