Learn the requirements needed to service mortgage loans in order to comply with CFPB rules and regulations.
Compliance for residential mortgage lending and servicing can be confusing and changes rapidly with guidance promulgated from several outlets, including the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. This program will identify issues related to small servicers, including the definition of a small servicer, loss mitigation, successor in interest regulations, and forced place insurance.
We will also look at recent litigation trends relating to mortgage servicing, including CFPB updates and COVID-19 ramifications.
Beverly M. Weber
Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale Partner with nearly 20 years of experience handling contentious matters at both the trial and appellate levels in state and federal court
- Extensive experience serving as counsel to national mortgage servicers in wide-ranging, multi-claim matters including at trial and on appeal, including matters involving FCRA violations, enforcement rights, and foreclosure actions
- Skilled trial lawyer with experience handling commercial loan transactions from origination through default and into litigation
- Frequent speaker to industry members and clients on secured transactions, litigation trends, bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, financial compliance, and real estate titling
- Active member and leader for the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Missouri Bankers Association, and Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City
- Ranked among the Best of the Bar and Women Who Mean Business by the Kansas City Business Journal; Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers®; and earned the Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City President’s Award.
Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale Partner focused on real estate and creditors’ rights matters in both Missouri and Kansas
- Nearly 20 years of experience with particular skill in matters involving foreclosure law and resolution of real estate title defects
- Deep experience representing banks in multimillion-dollar commercial transactions
- Supervised and managed over 4,000 non-judicial foreclosures in Missouri for successor trustee under deeds of trust regarding residential and commercial properties
- Prior to working in private practice, Greg worked as an attorney at a Kansas-based default servicing company
- Active with The Missouri Bar, Kansas Bar Association, and Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.