Understand the importance of comprehensive plans as both guides and directives to land use.
Comprehensive plans along with zoning and development regulations form the bases for land use decisions. Before there can be thoughtful land use decisions there has to be a plan. The implementation of the plan has a direct bearing on the development regulations and the land use decisions in a community. This information will cover the different levels of comprehensive planning, the topics covered in comprehensive plans and most important their implementation and impact on land use decisions. Gain an appreciation for the importance of comprehensive plans as both guides and directives to land use, the relationships among master plans, zoning and development, and why a successful land use practice needs to begin with an understanding of the relevant comprehensive plan or plans.
John B. Gontrum
Whiteford Taylor Preston LLP
- Partner in the Real Estate Section in the Towson office of Whiteford Taylor & Preston LLP
- Over 35 years of experience representing industrial, commercial and residential developers, businesses, institutions and individuals on a wide variety of land use, zoning and development issues
- Ranked by Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business in the area of real estate: land use, and by The Best Lawyers in America® in the area of land use and zoning law
- Fellow, Maryland State Bar Foundation; board member, Baltimore County Bar Foundation; member, MBIA Land Development Council; past president, Baltimore County Bar Association
- J.D. degree, Duke University School of Law; B.A. degree, Duke University
- Can be contacted at 410-832-2055 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.