Ensure you are maintaining a safe laboratory environment and mitigating common laboratory hazards.
A laboratory presents a wide array of hazards such as bloodborne pathogens, temperature extremes, ionizing radiation, sharps, highly flammable materials, and hazardous chemicals. Failure to provide a safe working environment can lead to OSHA violations and legal and financial consequences for both the company and individual employees. It is imperative that companies and managers employ best practices to maintain a safe laboratory environment for their employees. This topic will help persons responsible for ensuring laboratory safety identify and mitigate common laboratory hazards. This material will provide an overview of common classes of laboratory hazards and federal regulations pertaining to laboratory safety. We will then provide more detailed information pertaining to the most common challenges with laboratory safety - chemical storage, hazardous waste, and biological safety. Finally, we will describe how engineering and administrative controls can be used to mitigate risk. This information is critical for employers looking to mitigate risk and avoid OSHA violations in a laboratory environment.
Matthew L. Wohlever, Ph.D.
University of Toledo
- Assistant Professor of Biochemistry, University of Toledo and Founder of Wohlever Biosciences, LLC
- Internationally recognized expert in biochemistry and recipient of over $2 million in federal funding
- 17 years of wet lab experience including work with radioactivity, biological safety level 2 material, and hazardous chemicals
- Consultant for prominent international law firms
- Postdoctoral fellow, University of Chicago; Ph.D. degree, MIT; B.S. degree, Ohio State University
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or www.WohleverBiosciences.com
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.