Understand how to research and evaluate land records to minimize risk.
Real estate transactions necessitate effective communications among investors, legal, lending, and other professionals, and data management, all having varying backgrounds and proficiency in the basis for private ownership of real property: The records that comprise real estate title. This topic will provide you with practical information needed to better understand the process of researching and evaluating land records in connection with the transfer of ownership and real estate financing. The content is designed to identify real property interests and sources of land information, explain how property interests are created and transferred, discuss title search procedures, and how to raise, refine and resolve recurring real estate title questions. In addition, the material will explain the recording system, property descriptions, the chain of title, off-record interests, rights, and claims, and conclude with transaction resources available to the seller, purchaser and lender that minimize risks associated with real estate closings during COVID-19.
Duane H. Wunsch
Fidelity National Title Group, Inc.
- Vice president and state counsel for Fidelity National Title Group, Inc.’s Wisconsin office
- 30 years of experience as in-house underwriting and claims counsel
- Frequent lecturer to both attorney and non-attorney customer groups
- Regularly conducts training sessions for title and escrow staff
- J.D. degree, Emory University; B.A. degree, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Can be contacted at 262-796-3852 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.