Gain a better understanding of the unique HR, payroll, and recruiting needs for nonprofit organizations.
Many nonprofits operate within dynamic and nimble organizational environments. Often the amount of time and available resources can play a factor in the ability for a nonprofit organization to fully develop human resource policies, practices, systems, and tools. In addition, as employment laws and regulations are ever-changing, there is an ongoing need to review policies and procedures to ensure compliance. This topic will provide practical guidance on how key HR requirements can be developed, implemented, and maintained in alignment with your organizational culture and in support of the overall mission. This material will feature case examples and provide applicable recommendations related to HR activities and the employee life cycle, including workforce planning, benefits administration and compensation, performance management, professional development, policies/procedures, payroll, and compliance. This information will also provide recommendations for timely and cost-effective options to support nonprofits with limited HR resources.
Lisa Wright Ponce, MSHR, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, sHRBP
- Senior Consultant with Nonprofit HR, serves within the firm’s strategy & advisory division
- Experience leading the HR function within nonprofit and for-profit environments with expertise in organizational culture assessment and change management
- 20+ years of HR experience
- Membership: Society for Human Resources Management
- Master’s degree in human resources, Loyola University Chicago
- Can be contacted at 202-644-7440, [email protected], or https://www.linkedin.com/in/lisawrighthr
Tamika S. Hood, MPS, CPDC, PHR, SHRM-CP
- Consultant with Nonprofit HR, serves within the firm’s strategy & advisory division
- Experience in performance management, HR effectiveness and culture assessments, talent management, employee engagement, and process improvement across the HR life cycle
- 7 years of HR experience
- Membership: Society for Human Resources Management, International Coaching Federation, and Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Master’s degree in professional studies, industrial and organizational psychology, University of Maryland College Park
- Can be contacted at 202-503-3778, [email protected], https://www.linkedin.com/in/tamikahood/
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.