Stay out of trouble by understanding the legal trends, tips and tricks, and general guidelines of job posting and notifications.
The days of posting job ads and openings in the local paper are long gone. Today, between the craziness of filling open positions and applicant screenings and the endless opportunities provided by the internet and social media, the hiring process is more complicated than ever. How and where a business advertises job openings and the language used in those postings has a significant effect on the caliber of potential hires and the possibility of an adverse legal action against your company. A seemingly innocent phone call or email, or even a text, can create significant liability and expense down the road - often not rearing its head until weeks or months later.
It is important to work closely with human resource professionals or hiring managers to understand the dynamics and potential traps with regards to job postings and notifications. This topic will prepare you for those challenges. In particular, this material will address new, legal trends, tips and tricks, and general guidelines to help you have more time operating your business and less time talking to lawyers.
W. Matthew Wayne
Copeland, Stair, Kingma & Lovell
- Associate at Copeland, Stair, Kingma & Lovell
- Board Member, Chattanooga Bar Association (Young Lawyers Division)
- Committee Member, Federal Bar Association (Chattanooga Chapter)
- Successful dismissal of two federal lawsuits in the Fifth Circuit concerning allegations of discrimination in hiring and job postings under Title VII and Section 1981 of the Civil Rights Act for large security corporation
- Defended local employer against allegations of gender discrimination as to hiring and onboarding practices, resulting in favorable settlement
- Advisement to large equipment manufacturer, successfully avoiding litigation arising from disparate treatment of job applicants
- Successfully navigated complex immigration-related hiring issues for multistate employer facing governmental audit
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.