Understand what an employer may lawfully require regarding employees' appearance.
More and more frequently, the argument is made that there should be a law against "lookism," or appearance discrimination, in the workplace. This live webinar will explore whether appearance discrimination is a significant problem, which laws already address it, and how a specific law might be written to outlaw it. This program will assist managers and human resources professionals understand what an employer may lawfully require regarding an employee's appearance. We will discuss dress codes, grooming requirements, prohibitions against visible piercings and tattoos, the accommodations of beards and religious dress, and how to avoid hiring discrimination claims based on appearance.
James J. McDonald, Jr.
Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Partner in the Irvine, California and Tampa, Florida offices of Fisher & Phillips LLP, a national labor and employment law firm
- More than 35 years of experience representing employers in labor and employment law matters
- Has written two series of books and more than 50 published articles on employment law
- Is certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), and as SHRM-SCP by the Society for Human Resource Management.
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Georgetown University
- Can be contacted at 949-851-2424 or at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.